[3830] SCQP N8II Single Op FixedMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SCQP N8II Single Op FixedMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2021 21:00:27 +0000
                    South Carolina QSO Party - 2021

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op FixedMixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 9.9

  160:    1      2
   80:   21     25
   40:   51     63
   20:    6      1
----------------------------
Total:   79     91      0  CW Mults = 29  Ph Mults = 33  Dig Mults = 0  Total
Score = 27,580

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Score includes 7 bonus band slots with WW4SF and 2 with W4CAE = 2250, down 2
from last year, but everything else was way up. Q's were 89 last year with 35
mults = 7260. This years score was 3.8 times higher! (SSB points/QSO changed
from 1 to 2?)

Hats off to Dave, WN4AFP for coming up with the idea for the now wildly popular
State QSO Party cumulative awards. This party needed a "shot in the
arm"; WVQP was "on life support", Hi! The mobiles (K4ZGB, N4CW,
AA4TI, W4AN, W4CAE, and K8MR) were greatly appreciated as was the increased
fixed station activity. AA4TI had a log crash. N4CW seemed to not be hearing
well on 40 for first 2-3 hours. Thanks to W4CAE for many SSB mults not otherwise
active; they hung out in same spot on 40. I should have worked a few more CW
mults. There was a good bit of overlap between routes with 2 mobiles in same
county at same time on several occasions. During my lunch break, I missed 2
mobiles in ANDE, but I worked 2-3 fixed station Q's later.

Both 80 and 40 were in good shape, but about one band at a time. 75M SSB was not
possible during most of the day. 40M was excellent all day and closed to SC here
about 2330Z a half hour past sunset. I worked N4UFP on 75M at 2039Z, but it was
not until 23Z that signals were good. As the mobiles showed up they were
readable but not loud for the most part. Several fixed stations on 80 were as
weak or weaker than the mobiles.  I heard 2 SC on 15; I was too weak to be
heard. The mobiles were too weak to work on 20(one W4AN Q) which lead to a slow
17-20Z stretch with a lot of missed 20M activity and not much on 40.

Thanks for all of the Q's and especially the gang of mobiles: W4CAE with 14
QSO's, W4AN-15, K8MR-9, K4ZGB-7, N4CW-8, AA4TI-16 on 4 county line). I hope the
enthusiasm continues, but the pile ups decrease. It can be tough breaking
through. Thanks to the Swamp Fox Contest Group for organizing the QP and turning
out the ops; my WW4SF Q total was impressive!

73, Jeff