[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad N3BB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad N3BB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 03:27:42 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jan 22

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: stx
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   3      3
   80:  20     16
   40:  23     16
   20:   3      2
   15:   1      1
Total:  50     38  Total Score = 1,900

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Congrats to the very good numbers out there tonight. Had a rough night as
suddenly there is S9 grating noise from my NW direction. It was a misting night
and usually that is entirely noise free, so I have no idea what is generating
the  powerful QRN to the NW. Hope I can find it easily.

Behind many tonight and think my friend in KZ5D-land put the hurt on me tonight.
Can't completely blame the QRN as I was QLF-y and had poor band strategy. 160
was dynamite here but got there very late. Ran the K3 with NB and NR on full
blast and everyone sounded like strange robots being tortured behind the
earphones. Ugh.

This one is not a keeper for me. Congrats on the many excellent ops tonight.

Five minutes: 6, 11, 11, 8, 6, and 8. Tnx four bagger with mentee KB5RF, who is
making excellent progress, and three baggers with N5AW, WD6T, and N5ZO. Very
good local participation tonight helped a lot but could not overcome the noise
and iffy operator here.

CU next week all,

Jim N3BB