[3830] RTTY Roundup AE6JV SO RTTY LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ae6jv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup AE6JV SO RTTY LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2021 03:14:42 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2021

Call: AE6JV
Operator(s): AE6JV
Station: AE6JV

Class: SO RTTY LP
QTH: Peterborough, NH
Operating Time (hrs): 17:07

   15:    29
   10:
-----------------------
Total:   521       0  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 20  Total Score = 38,033

I operated SO2V where I could use the K3 sub-receiver to get the next station up
the waterfall tuned while working the current station. The antennas are: 2
element 20M wire beam pointed toward Arizona, a 40M dipole pointed a bit further
west, and an 80M dipole pointed toward Arizona.

Thanks to K9YC whose QSO pushed me over the 38,000 raw scoring level. It was
certainly fun contacting a bunch of NCCC members.

DX worked: CT, D4, DL, EA, F, HP, I, KH6, KL7, KP4, OK, OM, PY, PZ, S5, SP, TI,
TK, UR, XE. There were Qs with nine different Italian stations.

At 1921z on 1/3/2021, I found K7AQ and another western station calling CQ on 15M
frequencies which were close enough to each other that I didn't have to retune
to decode them. They were probably in each other's skip zone. Tried to tell them
because it was hard to make a Q with either, but was not successful. Managed to
make a QSO with k7AQ, a new state, but didn't fight the confusion of making the
other QSO.

Why did K9CT report his QTH as 8), which is IL in figures shift? I saw at least
one station ask for a repeat, not either knowing K9CT is in IL, or not knowing
how to manually translate a character printed in the wrong shift. I observed
this "feature" in all 4 of my Qs with K9CT plus a few other ones I
decoded while waiting for a run station to recognize me.

One DX station refused to make a duplicate QSO with me because I was already in
his log. Too bad. He'll get a NIL for that QSO since he isn't in my log.