[3830] TBDC W5MX Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC W5MX Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 01:40:39 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 26

Call: W5MX
Operator(s): W5MX
Station: W5MX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EM77
Operating Time (hrs): 9:45

Total:  QSOs = 772  Total Score = 3,102

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

Got up Sat morning at around 06:00 local for a few things I needed to get done
for work, with the intention of going back to sleep. Didn't work out too well
for me hihi. Getting up early the day of a 160 contest is never a good thing.
Band was open well all around Eastern and Central NA right from the first CQ at
21:30z. First EU in the log at 23:45Z, then a slow stream of them through the
evening, with some good sigs. I thought condx to EU pretty good from here. Ended
up with 88 in the log. Condx to the west coast of NA was also very good.
DX sig of the night goes to UD4F. Not sure what they are running, but they had
an incredible sig when they called me. At first I though it had to have been a 4
land station calling and I messed up the first letter. Unreal how loud they
were.
In any case, I operated to about 7:00z and was so tired I was falling asleep at
the radio. Decided to catch a cat nap, which never works out good for me. Next
thing you know it was after sunrise local time - overslept. I missed the
potential JA or South Pacific openings. Decided to pack it up and call it a
wrap.
Overall though, was a good contest with what I thought were decent condx to the
East and EU, very good to the West. Nice to work all the familiar folks out
there, really appreciate all the Q's!
Best 73's all
Bryan
W5MX