[3830] ARRL 160 ZF2WF(W9KKN) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bill@w9kkn.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 ZF2WF(W9KKN) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 23:04:48 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: ZF2WF
Operator(s): W9KKN
Station: ZF1A

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Cayman Islands
Operating Time (hrs):
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 687  Sections = 82  Countries = 0  Total Score = 112,668

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks as always to ZF1EJ for use of the ZF1A superstation -- the entire team
really missed going there in person and while we've managed to make remote
operation work for us, we can't wait to get back to the island...

I didn't really know what to expect here given the solar numbers we saw this
weekend, but I guess I was still pleasantly surprised by the activity level
possible on top band. All the same, an excellent opportunity to learn about 160m
propagation as any contest tends to be for me.

I had a lot of trouble copying calls in W1 because I had some awful noise on the
EU beverage. It could still pull calls out a bit better than just the 160M
Inverted V, but only with some aching ears. The US beverage (primarily for west
of the Mississippi was working great, but the propagation not so much. Had a lot
of trouble working W7 stations -- managed to barely (and we'll see what the LCR
says) pull Steve KL7SB out of the ESP noise floor.

We'll have to go hunting for noise makers next time we're down there...

Anyway, hoping for much more fun in ARRL 10m next weekend, I'll see you there!

Vy 73,

--Bill/W9KKN/ZF2WF @ remotely at ZF1A from CA