[3830] FT RUp N6DW SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6dw@live.com
Subject: [3830] FT RUp N6DW SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 20:04:56 +0000
                    FT Roundup - 2020

Call: N6DW
Operator(s): N6DW
Station: N6DW

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: VA

   15:    8
   10:    0
------------
Total:  116  State/Prov = 31  Countries = 22  Total Score = 6,148

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Just wanted to give the FT8/FT4 contest mode a try.  I used N1MM+ with WSJT-X.
It worked pretty good until WSJT crashed and the only way to get rid of a
wayward Winsock  was to reboot.  The third time it happened.  I called it quits.
 My impressions?  Youi need lots of patience.  If you try S&P, you will do
lots of calling while waiting for the called station to work through their QSOs.
 If you call CQ you won't wait so long, but you will have fun dealing with 2
stations calling simultaneously,  The "call first" button does take
some drama out of the situation but may not be the station you would have
chosen.  If you make the QSO quick (which really depends on whether the calling
station is set up correctly), you can catch the other station before he finds a
better target.  If the QSO is slow you might still catch the other station with
a few calls.....but he will probably call you at the same time another station
is calling you.  Still, I would do it again.  Not a lot of stations on the
Contest freq but enough, and some good DX.