[3830] SS SSB K9DR SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K9DR@cox.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K9DR SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 16:56:56 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: K9DR
Operator(s): K9DR
Station: K9DR

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: WY

  160:    0
   10:    0

For ladder points...out of Arizona for this one.

A half-hearted effort and only did about 12 hours, but still felt beat-up
afterwards.  Phone contests are hard work for this old guy.

I recently came across some old awards I'd won in SS Contests years ago.  In
1972, as WA6NYV, I won both the CW and Phone awards for the Sacramento Valley
Section.  Back then, there were only 75 ARRL Sections.  Not certain, but I think
it was still a two weekend event.  In any case, I made 404 QSO's in 74 Sections
for a score of 59,792.  That was with paper logs and dupe sheets.  I just wonder
what I could have done back then with today's technology, skills learned and a
body that was 48 years younger!

Anyway, glad to work many Outlaws and hope to be back to AZ after the first of
the year.

Equipment:

K3/P3 to KPA1500
Cushcraft A4S at 50' with a couple of bad traps
40/80 meter Vee with apex at 43'