[3830] SS CW K3EW Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, phillipbarsky@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K3EW Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2020 04:42:05 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K3EW
Operator(s): K3EW
Station: K3EW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MDC

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

BIG CONTEST WEEKEND- SS CW AND SKCC WEEKEND SPRINT  So I started at 7Am with WES
and switched over to SS at 350PM.  Per Ty's admonition, worked until almost 3AM-
rates were down but was hoping to get Hawaii on 80- no dice. Had great runs on
80 parking myself around 3504 for well over an hour.  Two other runs also on 80
were of considerable length as well.  Boy the bands went long early both days,
but propagation was very good on 20 and 40 and excellent on 80. 20 opened very
early and closed down pretty early on both days.  Loads of PVRCers all over the
bands. 20 was all S&P, 40 many minor runs Saturday, and 80 was run city
central.  As others have noted, lots of QRP stations with good signals- must
have great antenna systems to go with their 5W.  Fun weekend, interrupted Sunday
by the great weather- took off most of the afternoon to put down lime on grass
with gardener- tough going back inside.
Thank you for all of the qso's.

73 Phil  ( See you on SSB SS- I will be activating the Smithsonian Amateur Radio
Group callsign NN3SI but since that is not an affiliated club yet, points go to
PVRC. Please look for me in two weeks .