[3830] CQ WW RTTY K3WJV SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3wjv@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K3WJV SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 06:52:15 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2020

Call: K3WJV
Operator(s): K3WJV
Station: K3WJV

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: PA

   80:  236       48      18    10
   40:  220       45      42    13
   20:  346       37      73    22
   15:   10        2       9     9
   10:
------------------------------------
Total:  812      132     142   132  Total Score = 466,416

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I'm kind of a rtty rookie and it showed a lot the 1st day.  I wasn't having a
lot of fun Friday night so Saturday morning I was doing a lot of complaining and
my tech guru came to the rescue and gave me some help learning a few things
about the mmtty rtty engine.  From that point on I was definitely having more
fun and having more success tuning people in.  I did almost all s&p that
first day and was doing a lot of mult hunting and getting better with things in
general.  Running increased my Q rate but I have a rather small antenna farm and
did what I could to get the totals up while trying to increase the 3 pointers as
much as I could.

I nevertheless had a lot of fun.  The off times for this contest were greater
than 60 minutes so it appears I put a lot of time in but I think that was
deceiving.  Putting time in outside of the headphones was enjoyable and my ears
never bothered me but my neck and shoulders took a hit from having to stare at
the monitor.  I even rearranged my n1mm windows to not look up as high as I was
which helped but by that time the damage was done, hi.  This was only an so1r
operation as stn 1 doesn't do any digital work and I don't know what I would do
if I did have to fit another digital window on my already crowded contesting
monitor.  We will have to work on that and if I ever get my K4 delivered things
will certainly improve to make better use of my so2r experience.

I look forward to getting better with the digital end of things and if I stop
putting things off I hope to have a better antenna situation next year too.
Famous last words of a top notch procrastinator.  You gotta be good at something
I guess.

Rural wooded location 1255ft ASL

FT1000MP & Acom 2000a
K3/P3 & KPA1500

2el K4KIO 5 band Hexbeam @30ft  G-450A rotor & Green Heron controller
Inv vees @ 50ft for 40m-80m-trapped 160
Rx ant - 200ft NE/SW kd9sv rbog

SO2R >> TopTen DxDoubler-Band Aides-relays-W2VJN stubs
       (not full blown so2r yet - need 2nd beam)

N1MM+ contest logger & DxLab master logger