[3830] Salmon Run K9ZO SOMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Salmon Run K9ZO SOMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 03:13:24 +0000
                    Washington State Salmon Run - 2020

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K(ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: SOMixed HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0      0      0
   80:   24      7      0
   40:   48     33      0
   20:   71    173      0
   15:    0      0      0
   10:    0      0      0
    6:    0      0      0
    2:    0      0      0
----------------------------
Total:  143    213      0  Mults = 39  Total Score = 34,345

Club: Metro DX Club

Comments:

I had not done the Washington QSO Party before and it fit into my schedule this
weekend.  It was interesting to keep the antenna pointed NW all weekend and only
hear one JA.  I did not hear a single signal on 15, and 160 was noisy, so it was
an 80/40/20 contest.  80 was rough, but I could hear the Washington stations
clustered around their watering holes working each other for the multipliers.
It was good to work all counties.  Wahkiakum was the last one, and it has a
total population of about 4,000 people.  I noticed about 50% of the guys who
called me on 20 SSB were not in Washington even though I called "CQ
Washington QSO Party, Salmon Run".  Whew!, but it did draw out the few
remaining rare multipliers, yet was not productive.  40 was interesting because
I could hear guys 2 hours before sunset .  There was no rate for the last few
hours as I tuned the bands and would only find 1 -2 new guys to work each time
through.  However, the weather was super and I had a nice breeze flowing through
the shack.  It reminded me of some nice DXpeditions in the past.  My XYL brought
meals to the shack so I could check the bands as we went into nighttime
transitions.  N1MM reported off time as 18:43.  Took breaks as needed for naps
and when things got slow.  Did not try RTTY as it doesn't decode well with my
computer. No spotting assistance.