[3830] TxQP WB0TEV SO SSB Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vmpaul@iname.com
Subject: [3830] TxQP WB0TEV SO SSB Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 23:52:11 +0000
                    Texas QSO Party - 2020

Call: WB0TEV
Operator(s): WB0TEV
Station: WB0TEV

Class: SO SSB Mobile LP
QTH: NTX

  160:
   80:           2
   40:          59
   20:         214
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:   0     275      0  Mults = 45  Total Score = 44,750

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

This did not go according to plan, which was to have K5PS join me and operate
under his call as a Texas mobile multi-op entry with me operating SSB as we
drove through a few dozen counties and Scott was to operate CW as we stopped at
county lines.
Unfortunately, late Friday afternoon I was feeling a little off and took my
temperature.  It was 99.5 F.  Having just spent a week in Deep East Texas doing
disaster relief work with Texas Baptist Men in the wake of Hurricane Laura, the
spectre of a COVID-19 exposure reared its ugly head.

So the multi-op plan had to be scrapped.  I felt fine Friday night and Saturday
AM but went and got tested for COVID Saturday morning.  I decided there was no
place better to self-isolate than in my radio equipped 2008 Chevy Tahoe, so I
hit the road mid morning Saturday for a few hours and activated 6 counties.
Sunday I took to the road again for a few hours and activated 4 more.  Its a far
cry from the 40+ I did last year, but hopefully gave out a few needed counties
to folks.  I fully expect the test results to come back negative, if not I'll
hunker down at home for a while and play with the new 4 way beverage system I
just put up.
Just another way that the year 2020 has drawn a serious vacuum.  Hope to be on
the road for the Oklahoma QSO party in March and have a better showing in the
2021 Texas QSO Party.
Thanks to the sponsors and supporters like NM5G and NO5W for all they've done to
make this THE premier state QSO Party.
73, Victor