[3830] WPX CW KE1J(@K1IR) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KE1J(@K1IR) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 02:42:36 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: KE1J
Operator(s): KE1J W1VE K1IR
Station: K1IR

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Remote Operation

  160:    0
   80:  308
   40: 1345
   20: 1652

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

A couple of weeks ago, NN1C and I committed to get the station remote-capable in
time for this contest. Marty leaned in and managed to get a lot more
functionality running than we originally planned. Many thanks to MOAS devs and
experts K1XM and W1UE for their assistance, as well.

We kept our expectations low, given the brand new station and never having
operated remotely as a team before. But, with more than 4000 QSOs in the log, we
happy to report that we managed to blew away all those expectations.

Thanks to Lars and Gerry for their commitment of time and focus to keep the QSOs
flowing into the log.

Very proud of this team and so pleased to have had the opportunity to work all
our friends across the globe.

We love watching the online scoreboard. It was great to see N4WW appear (even if
a bit late) and then to engage in a highly motivating horse race right to the
end. We were leading at around hour 29, but the N4WW team hit the gas and blew
past is in the second day for a convincing win. Nicely done, guys.

The retrospective has yielded a nice list of improvement projects for the
summer. We will be back!

73 Jim K1IR