[3830] WPX CW AE6Y(K7GK) SO(A)AB TB-Wires LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW AE6Y(K7GK) SO(A)AB TB-Wires LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 00:29:44 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: AE6Y
Operator(s): K7GK
Station: K7GK

Class: SO(A)AB LP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): ~30

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Planned to do about 500 Qs and .5M points. The latter turned out to be much
harder than expected. Being out West and in the new QTH, as well as using mostly
stealth antennas (read dipoles in the trees) with low power, I was preparing
myself for a lot of frustrating hours. I wasn't wrong, but the disappointment
came not from where I was expecting it. Living on a hillside in a valley facing
South-East, I was expecting Europe and Asia to be a problem. Getting out to EU
was actually a bit easier than expected, but the lack of JA contacts and Asia in
general was a major disappointment. Only 22 Qs with Asia, all on 40M, speak for
themselves. I ended up missing so many 6-point contacts I was hoping for, which
made it so much harder getting to the half million point mark. Generally,
though, it was a lot of fun and a great distraction, which we all need these
days.

Many thanks to Andy for use of the call.

73, Denis