[3830] CWopsT KJ5T QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, steve@kj5t.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT KJ5T QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 04:07:20 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z May 28

Call: KJ5T
Operator(s): KJ5T
Station: KJ5T

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: TX

Total:   5  Mults = 5  Total Score = 25

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Decided to get on again this week and try to work what I could pull out.
Started on 20, not many signals this time of night but managed to log a few loud
west coast guys and VE5MX (which being so new to CW I believe is my first Canada
on the mode -- hihi). With less signals it was easier to copy and probably my
imagination but the speeds didn't seem as high.  40 was rough here, we had
storms before the contest and there was S5-S6 noise.  This isn't to say the loud
signals weren't coming through but my ears aren't tuned to copy higher speed CW
between static crashes yet.

I tuned my wire up on 80 meters for the last 10 minutes just for grins, of
course the stations I could hear couldn't hear me.  This antenna on 80 is
probably not much better than if I just hooked up a wet piece of spaghetti to
the BNC connector on the KX2.

73 de KJ5T