[3830] CQ160 SSB W5MX Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bydal@roadrunner.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB W5MX Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 00:07:58 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: W5MX
Operator(s): W5MX AJ4A KJ4YLR
Station: W5MX

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: KY
Operating Time (hrs): 21:45

Total:  QSOs = 937  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 25  Total Score = 176,723

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

Terry AJ4A did the heavy lifting in this contest making around 75 or more % of
our Q's (Thank You Terry!). As I have stated many times, SSB not my favorite
mode but it's a contest so I operate!

Lots of activity from NA this year. EU propagation was terrible compared to the
CW leg a few weeks ago. Only 20 EU in the log for this one versus over 270 in
the CW version. Signal strengths from EU were way down, missed many multipliers
that should have been a slam dunk. Mother propagation at work!
What is odd though is several stations from SA were quite loud, much louder than
the CW test.

Overall it was a great time. Station performed as it should, no murphy visits.
Really a pleasure to hear so many stations I have worked on CW many times, one
thing I suppose I do like about the SSB tests. Thanks for Terry and Clayton for
coming down again and operating!

Best 73's all!
Bryan
W5MX