[3830] CWopsT K8BKM HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, thammond@chartermi.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K8BKM HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 04:12:45 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Jan 30

Call: K8BKM
Operator(s): K8BKM
Station: K8BKM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 1.0

Total:  118  Mults = 113  Total Score = 13,334

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Whew! What a ride. New record number of Q's for me. Ran 33 WPM on 3,537 for 50
minutes before moving to 160. QRO allows me to run. I don't think I could
achieve this score with S&P and I'm not sure I could do much better unless I
go SO2R. My band change to 160 was slow and I only was only S&P in the last
10 minutes so perhaps I could do a bit better.

Here's some observations I'd like to make but not on the CWops reflector.

- I don't use a call history file so I ask for fills if I miss a name or number.
Why do half of you QSY before responding to my fill requests? I end up not
logging our Q. Since there's no log checking, no harm to you but in a
"real" contest, you'd lose some points.

- when I ask for a fill, send only what I ask for, not the entire exchange,
please. That wastes both of our time.

- practice sending at your computer speed setting by hand, please. I send some
things manually - I'm not perfect, it takes practice.

- speed in this contest has really gone up lately. Can you really copy at the
speed you're sending or are you using a crutch history file?

- nobody ever asks me for a fill, why? I know, I'm just making a point.

To each his own I guess. It just seems that Q's and score are king and not
actually copying or sending. Without call history files this would be an
entirely different event, I'm pretty sure.

Despite all the seemingly negative comments, I love these short sprints. I get a
lot of benefit from the practice. Thanks for all the Q's!

73, Tom