[3830] CQ160 CW G4BYG(@G6MC) Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW G4BYG(@G6MC) Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 09:22:34 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2020

Call: G4BYG
Operator(s): G4BYG
Station: G6MC

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: Harrogate

Total:  QSOs = 1117  State/Prov = 39  Countries = 76  Total Score = 744,970

Club: Brimham Contest Group

Comments:

My favourite contest of the year,although at times I feel it was more like self
abuse.Finding a run freq was nearly impossible for the first few hours and even
then if you left the freq for no more than 5 seconds it was grabbed :-).
I decided to carry on with the 80ft Marconi Tee as transmit antenna though I
suspect it is too close to some of the other towers in the field and some
interaction is occuring. 3 Beverage rx antennas really helped pull out the
weaker callers.
Rig was an Elecraft K3/100 into an RF Kits B26 Linear Amp.
I was frustrated at times seeing rare states and countries below 1810 (Not
allowed in our region)
An interesting observation was noticed around 0500 UTC Sunday morning when after
a good run to the USA it was as though someone turned the lights off and prop to
the states collapsed for about an hour. Wonder if others noticed a similar event
?
Just felt conditions were flat on Fiday/Saturday but much improved after then.
Very little worked from the far east with only 1 JA in the log this time.
Thanks again to Neil and Sue for hosting me at a very busy time . Sue with a
broken leg and both as grandparents to a new baby boy.
Hope to be back next year.
Vic
G4BYG