[3830] CQ160 CW W1DYJ Single Op Assisted LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larryb@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W1DYJ Single Op Assisted LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 03:42:01 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2020

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: Maine

Total:  QSOs = 221  State/Prov = 33  Countries = 22  Total Score = 36,520

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

My goal for this contest was to again be #1 in Maine for
LP Assisted, as I have been for the last three years.  (Sort
of kidding and full disclosure: for the last three years I've
been THE ONLY LP Assisted entry from Maine...  The definition
of a small fish in a nano-pond!)

Mostly S&P with some C&P when I saw Mults spotted.  S&P forces
me to hear the code, and my CW skills continue to SLOOOOWWLY
get better.  It was good that most stations stayed in the human
range of code speeds.  (One of the characteristics of 160 I like.)
I did have three dupes -- hopefully I reduced my claimed score
appropriately.

Although I logged more Qs and more Qpnts than before, I did not
beat my best score of two years ago due to lower Mults in both
categories.  I also seem to hear better than be heard -- LP and
a compromise dipole will do that to you.

I heard all three states I need for 160 WAS in Maine: AK, HI, NV.
I logged HI, only two to go.  (No new countries in my 160 DXCC quest.)

It was also worthwhile to stick it out to the end: From 3-5 PM
today I logged 20 additional Qs.  (No additional Mults.)

Rig: TS-590S
Antenna: 160/80 HB trapped dipole at about 9M.
         (Part of my 160/80/30/20/10 fan dipole)
Logger: N3FJP's CQ WW 160 Contest Log Version 4.8

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ