[3830] FT RUp K6OK SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] FT RUp K6OK SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2019 04:50:22 +0000
                    FT Roundup - 2019

Call: K6OK
Operator(s): K6OK
Station: K6OK

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  612  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 34  Total Score = 52,632

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This contest was more fun and had higher participation than I expected.
Originally I had planned to leave the FT RU and make some contacts in the 160m
CW contest as well, but the FT RU activity level was high enough that it kept me
glued.

I think once operators get smoother and software ergonomics are improved, FT-4
will be a popular and fun mode in contesting, but the operators at both ends
need to know what to do reflexively and instantly. I'd like see to more FT
contests on the calendar, if for no other reason than to get in some practice.

Icom 7300 barefoot SO1R, Optibeam tribander, Shorty 40, 80m dipole. Used WSJT-x
as the master program feeding UDP packets to N1MM in dumb mode for logging.
Thanks for the Q's!