[3830] JARTS WQ6X(@NX6T) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Ron@wq6x.info
Subject: [3830] JARTS WQ6X(@NX6T) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 04:34:24 +0000
                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest - 2019

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: NX6T

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Fallbrook, Ca.
Operating Time (hrs): 17:53
Remote Operation

   80:   14     9
   40:  145    37
   20:  219    36
   15:   30    10
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  408    92  Total Score = 85,560

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

This was another WQ6X remote operation from NX6T in Fallbrook.
While NYQP QSO Party and the W-A-G GiGs were an EXTREME disappointment,
the JARTS RTTY GiG kept me going through the weekend with several
operating stints in the Stew Perry GiG when RTTY got slow.
Out of Laziness I chose to RUN frequencies most of the time
(S&P'ing first to get an idea of the band condx).

The usual K3 setup was run into a 3-el Stepp-IR for the high
bands, a 2-element Shorty-40 and an 80-meter coaxial-Bazooka.
Running the Stepp-IR in Bi-Directional mode allowed working
Japan and South America intertwined.  The Short-40 has more
gain than it does F/B-ratio; pointing the antenna to Europe
also positioned it to receive calls from KH6, VK & ZL.

Overall I ran the Expert 2-kl amplifier at around 680 watts.
While the bands were virtually noise-free this weekend, the
signals were often weak, making MMTTY demodulation dicey much
of the time.  Much of the time, it seemed that stations could
hear WQ6X just fine, but not the other way around.
I was delighted to be called by a lot of juicy DX;
several pipelines to JA put a lot of QSOs in the log.

This was my highest-scoring JARTS GiG to date.
You can read all about this weekend at: http://WQ6X.Blogspot.com