[3830] 144FallSprnt W1DYJ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larryb@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] 144FallSprnt W1DYJ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 18:38:53 +0000
                    144 MHz Fall Sprint - 2019

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 2:40

Total:  QSOs = 29  Mults = 11  Tot Dist(km) = 1000  Total Score = 319

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

First, I want to thank Dick, K1HC, for reminding us of this contest.  Otherwise
I would not have participated.  I don't spend enough time on 2M, so it was fun!
I have a "little pistol" station in Woburn, MA (and no 2M at my
Harpswell, ME, QTH) so I was really happy to participate.  It was fun, and I
picked up two more unconfirmed grids.

Thanks to Paul, N1BUG, for asking us to look to Maine! (He was my only CW
contact.)  I agree, NO ONE points our way when I am at my Maine QTH.  We need a
MTTY agreement (Maine-time-to-Point) with all of us NEWS members.

Best Q was with Pete, K1PXE, in Milford CT.  Pete, and I had many a rag chew
back in the '60s when we were in High School, with Dick (K1QCP back then) on 6M
AM. (I was K1VFX back then.)  Dick and I were close friends across the
Housatonic River in Stratford.  Pete was our QSO partner during MANY evenings.
(Dick is now W1RKK, in Pownal ME, and again a good friend.)

The final tally: 29 Qs: 1 CW, 13 SSB, 15 FT8. Eleven grids, one new (VE1SKY),
one unconfirmed (NX3B). I like FT8 for HF DXing and 6M grids.  I still haven't
decided if I like it for contesting.

Rig: TS2000 (now 19 years old!)
Antenna: 12el K1FO at 12M (K1WHS kit)
Log: N3FJP's VHF Contest Log Ver. 6.3