[3830] CQWW VHF K9FA(@K5NA) SOSB/6 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9fa@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF K9FA(@K5NA) SOSB/6 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 12:34:44 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2019

Call: K9FA
Operator(s): K9FA
Station: K5NA

Class: SOSB/6 HP
QTH: EM10
Operating Time (hrs): 16.5

    6:  337   174
Total:  335   172  Total Score = 57,620

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to the hospitality of Susan, K5DU and Richard, K5NA I was able to operate
from their station in EM10 during the contest, the below result is due to a
great station and their guidance - Thank You.

I lost the first 3.5 hours of the contest due a delay by United Airlines. I did
not beat my 2018 score of 63,037 with a score of 57,620.

 Band  Mode  QSOs     Pts  Grd
   50  CW      92      92   38
   50  FT8    175     175  115
   50  USB     68      68   19
Total  Both   335     335  172

Conditions were similar to last year, but without the EU DX.  I was able to
decode SV, EI, and EA8, but only worked EA8.  Locally I was able to work VE, CO,
KP4, TG, YW, HI, and XE.  Through out the contest there was a constant
propagation to the Midwest, NW, or the Caribbean - W and NW propagation was
sparse, large majority of the QSOs were to the NE, E or SE.  Saturday
propagation closed around 10PM and started on Sunday at 6AM.

Generally, my QSO counts for CW and FT8 flipped from last year I've spent less
time on SSB.  It appears that even with modest conditions, many ops stick to
FT8.  Unlike last year, where the was an even split in grids among modes, this
year's grids have mostly come from FT8.  There were no attempts at FT4 or
FSK441, perhaps next time.

Thanks for the Qs and see you down the log.
73, Jarek, K9FA