[3830] KyQP WB8WKQ SO Fixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] KyQP WB8WKQ SO Fixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2019 18:13:07 +0000
                    Kentucky QSO Party - 2019

Call: WB8WKQ
Operator(s): WB8WKQ
Station: WB8WKQ

Class: SO Fixed LP
QTH: Michigan
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:    5      2
   40:   15     10
----------------------------
Total:   20     12      0  Mults = 21  Total Score = 2,684

Well, what a debacle here.  The beginning of the contest went well.  (Think I
made 20 contacts or more in the first two hours.  As good as it started, it got
bad real quickly.  Here in Michigan we got some fast moving T-storms, and the
band became so noisy, even S-9 signals were not copy-able. Then, to add insult
to injury, the storm took down my 40M dipole.  Well, as you can see, 40M was my
money band.  After several hours of off time, and not to be deterred, I
continued om 40M with my 80M loop.  But again, the QRNancy was just horrible.  I
worked a few stations over on 80, before I decided to give up and head out for a
Saturday night.  I did get KY4KY four times for some bonus points.  No storm
could have stopped that signal, wow! If I could have copied through the noise,
this would have been a very fun contest, and my score would have been better
with many more "butt in the chair" hours.  Next year, right?  Thanks
for all the Q's.