[3830] 7QP K7DPS Cnty Exped M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ae7va@mediacombb.net
Subject: [3830] 7QP K7DPS Cnty Exped M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 May 2019 22:48:53 +0000
                    7th Call Area QSO Party - 2019

Call: K7DPS
Operator(s): AE7VA AG7GB WA7NWL
Station: K7DPS

Class: Cnty Exped M/M HP
QTH: AZ GLA
Operating Time (hrs): 16.5

  160:    1      0      0
   80:    0     89      3
   40:  158    275      0
   20:   88    179      9
   15:    8      0      0
   10:    0      0      0
    6:    0      0      0
    2:    0      0      0
----------------------------
Total:  255    543     12  Mults = 55  Total Score = 104,225

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Very poor propagation conditions compared to last year. We were over 400 Qs
short of last year's total (we operated under call N7T in 2018 and 2017).

Propagation on 20, 40 and 80 could best be described as everything west of a
line drawn north/south through New Mexico. AK and HI was open all day and for
the most part 20m was only good for local AZ contacts, NM to MT, CA, and the
Pacific Northwest.

Anything east of NM (mid-west to east coast) could best be described as
spotlight propagation; where, we'd get an opening to one narrow area or one
single state and within just a few quick minutes that opening would be gone
never to return. We heard almost essentially nothing from the eastern seaboard;
which was very unusual.

We were hoping the 4pt Qs would entice the RTTY operators to come out and play;
but we were wrong on that. Thanks to the RTTY ops that were out there for the
contacts. Spending time calling in RTTY probably cost us contacts on phone.
Maybe FT4 next year?

DX would be a few contacts from Spain and Italy in the late afternoon.

While last year we made WAS, this year we missed Delaware and Nebraska.

As always, thanks to everyone in 7QP, IN QSO Party and NE QSO Party for making
contacts with us. It's a LOT of work to deploy as an expedition, but we enjoy
the annual tradition of getting together to do this.