[3830] ARRLDX SSB OM7RU SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB OM7RU SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2019 22:38:15 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: OM7RU
Operator(s): OM7RU
Station: OM7RU

Class: SOSB/40 HP
Cabrillo Category: Single-Op SB40 Non-Assisted One-Transmitter HP
QTH: JN98OQ
Operating Time (hrs): 07:36

   40:  227    31
Total:  227    31  Total Score = 21,111

Club: OM0M - Dozen Dashes Contest Club

Comments:

I hoped, that it was bad conditions last year. Now I know, that it was quite
good last year.

I believed in better conditions after CW leg. I decided to run SOSB 40 HP, but
it was miserable. Now I know, that 3 elements yagi @ 31 m plus modest 1,5 kW is
totally unusable from my QTH and of this sun cycle period. I had to struggle for
CQ frequency very often. Stations of exchange "59 500" didn't hear me
and caught my frequeny with ease. Second category are stations of signals 59 +
10-50 dB just only as side EU signal for holding their frequency. So, SSB is not
for home stations without "x over x over x" + "EU sweep"
antennas. My setup is just only for fun...

Fun was also with EM2Q. I announced him, that he is massive splettered +/- 10
kHz. He adviced me to check my receiver... hi. But there was more stations, that
was sure, that their xyz kilowatts are strong enough to hassle simple 1,5 kW
station...

Thanks to everybody, who had patience to dig me from under really High Power
STNs.

Used equipments:
 Yaesu FT-1000MP MarkV Field
 Icom IC-706 MkII