[3830] RTTY WPX NX6T M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Ron@wq6x.info
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX NX6T M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 04:18:05 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2019

Call: NX6T
Operator(s): N6CY WQ6X
Station: NX6T

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Fallbrook, Ca
Operating Time (hrs): 34:30
Remote Operation

   10:    1

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

This was another near-last minute contest setup at NX6T.
Operating hours were split up between N6CY (Rick) and WQ6X (Ron).
Both Rick and Ron operated remotely; Ron on STN-2 and Rick on STN-1.
Saturday morning, N6CY made an onsite visit to NX6T, for 6 hours of
actual B-I-C.  Our biggest problem was turning the amplifier powers up
and down, blending max. power out while remaining under 70-degs(c) room
temperature.

We ran a pair of Elecraft K3/0 controlled K3's onsite in Fallbrook.  STN-1
dumped its RF into a classic ACOM 2000a amp while STN-2 dumped ITS RF into an
Expert 1.5k amplifier.  STN2 used the C-31 yagi for the high bands, allowing
WQ6X to jump around on 10 & 15 while N6CY kept 20-meters alive for HOURS by

way of a Stepp-IR which can be switched between NORM, BI-DIRECTIONAL and 180.

The Shorty-Fourty 2-el. yagi and 80-meter inverted bazooka-Vee were shared
between stations.  No coax switch "collisions" occurred the entire
contest.
The lockouts and interlocks were in perfectly-timed operation;
most desirable during dual-OP remote access.

While the K3/0 radio connections ran flawlessly, because we used Hamachi &
VNC Viewer to run the N1MM+ software, occasionally, the entry screen would
freeze even though signals could be heard thru the K3/0 - FRUSTRATING.
If we "just disappeared" on you; that's probably why.

Overall, N6CY & WQ6X gave it one Heckuva of a GO in the WPX RTTY contest.
DiD YOU work NX6T?  We worked many stations on multiple-bands.
Thank You for that.

LooK for a contest writeup later this week in the WQ6X Contest BLOG:
http://WQ6X.Blogspot.Com.