[3830] RTTY WPX KT7E(@K7ZS) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kevin.k7zs@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX KT7E(@K7ZS) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 00:59:44 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2019

Call: KT7E
Operator(s): K7ZS KE7AUB KR7X K7ZO K7MK K7RJB
Station: K7ZS

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: or
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Remote Operation

   10:    0

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Using our Portland Radio Contester Club callsign this time around, again
thinking of Joe KT7E, coming up on 1 year of losing him ...

The weather didn't play into our hands this weekend, with 8" of snow making
access to my upper elevation QTH out of the question for a lot of the planned
operators...

But the Can Do Crew just sucked it up, and those that could come got plenty of
chair time!

The Remote Crew, running the 2nd station, helped make it a true M/2.  This is
the same crew that were the mainstay operators of the now disassembled K7JR
remote @ NK7U's QTH in Baker City Oregon.

We did a lot better here this year with a complete revamp of the antennas
(THANKS JOE NK7U) and now with 1 local and 1 remote station, we can host both
local and remote operators.  Double the fun.

We kept the station going the full 48 hours here, a first actually, so that
helped double our score from last year.  Plus, we kept Murphy out of the shack,
he paid his big visit last year!)

Thanks to Andy KE7AUB for being here all weekend, and to budding contester Rick
K7RJB who also was here for a full day.  Hank KR7X was a big help in counseling
us on the tips and tricks of RTTY, and operating from his remote setup even
though only 10 miles from the station... couldn't get here!

Scott K7ZO basking in the Tuscon Sun also got on and helped with the remote
network setup, and Jim K7MK rounded out the team from Boise.

Again the 40m band was the money band for us, with the higher point values and
maximizing on the nighttime Asia runs, pushed our score to a new high for this
station.

Thanks to all, see you in the ARRL DX CW in just a few short days!

Kevin K7ZS