[3830] CQ160 CW VE3VN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3vn.fn25@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW VE3VN Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 22:51:50 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2019

Call: VE3VN
Operator(s): VE3VN
Station: VE3VN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 650  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 32  Total Score = 282,837

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I may have exhausted the possibilities of low power and QRP on top band. It was
less the frustration of not getting through than the boredom. There's only so
much reading you can do while the software does a CQ loop. When Canada starts
assigning 2x1 contest calls I'll apply for "VE3?" because I'll easily
double my multiplier count. I took many off times to get a break from the
dreadfully poor rates after the first hours of the contest.

Approximately 75% of my QSOs came the first night, another 23% the second night
and 2% when I decided to reenter the fray the final hour in the hope of snagging
another mult or two just before sunset (didn't happen). As many have noted the
DX conditions were far from great the first night. I could hear a large number
of European stations with my Beverage but they could not hear me. Motivated in
part by the contest I made a short west Beverage on Thursday which made for more
comfortable copy of the left coasters but didn't add any QSOs to the log. I'll
get more serious about rx antennas when I decide to up the power.