[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad K8CN QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8CN@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad K8CN QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 03:12:11 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jan 18

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

   80:   2      2
   40:  10      8
   20:   3      2
Total:  15     12  Total Score = 180

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Back in the land of Lilliputians tonight (QRP, that is) after blundering into
the world of giants last week - at least no self-induced RFI to the shack
computer at 5 watts! No time to experiment with loading up all the computger
cables with clamp-on ferrites - will give that a go this weekend and perhaps be
back in LP mode next week.

Big numbers tonight, so the turnout must have been much better than I could hear
up in the Northeast corner.  Nice to have a brief pipeline into the Mid-Atlantic
on 20 meters at the start, and 40 brought welcome West Coast Qs after a drought
over the past few sessions.  Heard lots on 80, including copyable K4XU, but alas
nobody could hear me.

Bracing for big Nor'easter on Saturday night and all day Sunday, then the icebox
with single digit daytime highs on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.  I don't envy
the rovers going out in New England for the January VHF contest this weekend!

Thanks for the Qs, and 73,
MikeNH

Rig tonight: K3/10 at 5 watts, same old Lazy H on all bands.