[3830] RTTY Roundup N0AJN SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gfgfogel@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup N0AJN SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2019 04:38:01 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: N0AJN
Operator(s): N0AJN
Station: N0AJN

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: CO

   80:     2      10
   40:    46      20
   20:   102       6
   15:    11
   10:     1
-----------------------
Total:   162      36  State/Prov = 48  Countries = 15  Total Score = 12,474

I used RTTY S & P for most of the contest except for the last 1.5 hours,
where I called CQ on RTTY.  After I worked through the popular bands, 20 &
40m, I switched to FT8 to try to continue getting Q's, as RTTY wasn't producing
much S & P action.  What I found interesting was that through using JT
Alert, I was able to pickup a number of multiples, mainly states and some DX
that I wasn't seeing on RTTY.  Though not being competitive, I did increase my
score considerably with my FT8 contacts because of the additional mults.

So for what it's worth:

I have worked both official FT8 contests.  In FT8 Roundup I tallied my score
manually.  WHAT A PAIN!  I have heard horror stories of the "old days"
from my friends when all contests were scored in the same fashion. I'm not so
sure I would have turned in many logs in those "good old days of
contesting".  So I was determined that I would see that I used a logging
program that would score it FOR ME.  (lazy) I have always used Writelog as my
Contest logger.  When I found out I could use it in conjunction with RTTY and
FT8, I purchased the updated version.  I installed Listener as required (free),
and it worked perfectly to score my RTTY and FT8 Q's all in the same log and
Cabrillo file.

Thanks to all for your Q's.  See you next Year.  Gary F.  N0AJN (CO)