[3830] ARRL 160 K1RO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K1RO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 16:59:51 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K1RO
Operator(s): K1RO
Station: K1RO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NH

Total:  QSOs = 1017  Sections = 79  Countries = 41  Total Score = 280,080

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Well that was fun, and my best score ever in this contest by a lot. I was just
planning to operate a few high-rate hours Friday evening and not put in a
serious effort, but conditions seemed fairly good and next thing I knew it was 4
AM. Saturday night was slow, as usual, and noisier.

My antenna is an inverted V with the apex at 40 feet, fed with RG-8X, and the
ends bent around in the woods. The trees were still heavily loaded with snow and
bent over from a storm early in the week, but that didn't affect the antenna too
much. Then rain/sleet/wet snow started late Saturday night, stressing the trees
further, and about 3 AM the SWR shot up to 4:1 and I was done. Probably a tree
on the antenna, but will investigate when it dries out. One of these years I
will put up a proper antenna for 160.

TS-590S/SPE 1.3K-FA/inverted V at 40 feet/K9AY loops