[3830] CQWW CW VY2TT(K6LA) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VY2TT(K6LA) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 23:51:45 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VY2TT
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: VY2TT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): 44
Radios: SO2R

  160:  413    21       65
   80: 1167    23       76
   40: 1795    28      107
   20: 2151    23      100
   15:  554    23       93
   10:    1     1        1
------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I had a major jaw dropping contest career highlight, plus a few other memorable
moments in this one. That highlight was at 0954Z Sunday morning. I had my 160
meter 2 element phased array pointing West. Now I've never heard or worked JA on
80 meters from PEI, so my jaw literally dropped when JA8ISO called. He was loud
and clear. No flutter, no QSB. In the next two minutes 2 more JAs called
followed by KL7TC, my first KL7 on 160 from PEI.

The other most memorable moment was Sunday around 1715Z on 20 meters. ZS2NF,
9X4XX and V51YJ, all bouble mults, called in within 3 minutes of each other.

There was a lot of juicy DX calling in. Apart from those just mentioned, there
was RI1ANC, 5H3EE, 6V7A, $L2M, $L8A, A92GE, A44A, 4J4K, 4J4W, 3A/IK1AIR, VU2NKS,
RK7DX, A71EM, 7Z1SJ and UK9AA.

It never ceases to amaze me how I miss mults. I never heard D41CV on 40, 80 or
160. Of operations listed on the NG3K site, I never heard 50% of the stations.

A big thank you to KC1XX and XX Towers for flying in to PEI and fixing my 40m
yagi and rotator before the contest. It wouldn't have been near as much fun
otherwise.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT