[3830] SS SSB W9RM Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W9RM Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 15:47:04 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W9RM
Operator(s): W9RM
Station: W9RM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CO

   20:    7

Club: New Mexico VHF Society

Comments:

For all practical purposes, this was a 40M single band operation since I only
have a 40M antenna.  After working all but 4 mults on 40, I changed tactics,
dredged up a tuner that could handle the amp with the mismatch and tuned for the
missing mults on 20.  I knew they would be on 20 somewhere and was successful in
working 2 of them !  It took a while with the 40M antenna :)

Missed the NL mult and almost missed my OWN mult, CO.  40 was way to long to
work most guys in state and there are very few op's out west where I am.  I
finally found and worked a "local" (60 miles away) near the end.

I put in a few more hours then I intended to, but it was fun to flex the RUN
muscles for a change with high power.

EQUIPMENT:

Yaesu FT1000MP MKV
Henry 2KD5 PA (2x3-500)
Single 1/4 wave vertical with 1500' counterpoise ground