[3830] CQWW SSB VE2IDX(VE3ZF) SO(A)AB Classic QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE2IDX(VE3ZF) SO(A)AB Classic QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2018 10:44:19 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE2IDX
Operator(s): VE3ZF
Station: VE2IDX

Class: SO(A)AB QRP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: Zone 2
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    8     3        3
   80:   49     9       23
   40:  294    18       41
   20:  808    24       85
   15:  123    20       58
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1282    74      210  Total Score = 861,372

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

It was long trip by two different airplanes to Zone 2 one more time...
Upon my arrival to Sept-Iles I found that my FT-1000MP has an issue with output
power – output power was 5 watts only.
Attempts to fix it was non-successful.
Started to operate in CQWW as a QRP and I must to say that it was a challenge!
Condition on 40-20-15 on Sunday vs Saturday was significantly improved from
early morning and I was very happy to create pile up operation few times during
the contest.
No any contact on 10 meters at all – this is the North…
In 2 hours before end of the contest my US pile-up on 20 meters was
completed…
Some changes in ionosphere happened again...
I saw few messages in the cluster “Condition dropped down!” at the same time
…
My QRP adventures in CQWW was completed at that time…
For rest 2 hours in CQWW I did 2 QSOs only…
I should say that it was very unusual QRP operation, however I`ve enjoyed by
CQWW as always.

Many thanks to all who had a patience to listen my QRP calls during CQWW,
especially to K3LR, 8P5A, S57AL and M6T, thanks for their very good ears –
they`re got successfully my calls on 80 meters on 5 watts and it was not easy.

Thank you very much to Yuri VE3DZ and Igor VA3FF for their great help during
preparation to this DX-pedition to Zone 2…

73 from North,

Igor VE2IDX