[3830] CQWW SSB PJ4Q M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB PJ4Q M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 12:53:22 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: PJ4Q
Operator(s): W4PA PJ4DX PJ4KY PJ4NX PD2RF
Station: PJ4Q

Class: M/S HP
QTH: PJ4

  160:   64    10       25
   80:  430    20       68
   40:  710    30       98
   20: 1897    29      111
   15: 1326    29      101
   10:  370    11       23
------------------------------

Another CQWW SSB in in the books from Bonaire!

Contest message:  Boy, what a tough weekend.  There were some awesome runs with
myself and PJ4DX each cranking the rate meter past 400 at various times.  I did
manage a 331 hour to the USA on 20m Saturday afternoon, but there were many,
many hours below 100.  I was on at 4 a.m. local time Sunday by myself and in the
0800Z hour made ... 12 QSO's.  We caught the Saturday 10m opening within 5
minutes of it happening by checking every few minutes all day - we did this all
day Sunday too, alas, to no avail.

Rinse, PD2RF is the newest resident ham on Bonaire, only licensed 2 years and
had never run a contest before. What better way to throw him in than CQWW SSB in
the Caribbean. We were joking afterward that the usual way of learning to
operate a contest was to put in some time in your home country first S&P
before getting into the biggest SSB contest of the year from a DX location :) He
put in 15+ hours on the mult radio and was our run op the last 3 hours of the
contest.

Commercial message:  Nice to see all the positive comments rolling in about the
new INRAD W1 headsets. ZF1A, A5A, and more. We were using them on both Yaesu
FTDX5000 radios this weekend.  This is a headset designed by contesters, for
contesters.  Don't continue fighting the discomfort or tweaky audio from your
old headset. The W1 feels great, sounds great.  Try one today.

vy 73
Scott
W4PA