[3830] CQWW SSB WW4LL M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, fdennin@numail.org
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB WW4LL M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 02:07:51 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: WW4LL
Operator(s): WW4LL NN9DD N4OO K4NV KG5HVO N2WF K1ZZI
Station: WW4LL

Class: M/S HP
QTH: ME
Operating Time (hrs):
Remote Operation

  160:   20     9       16
   80:  132    19       71
   40:  511    28       94
   20: 1120    30      114
   15:  152    23       91
   10:   13     5       13
------------------------------

Club: Georgia Contest Group

Comments:

This was a work weekend at the new northeast Maine contest station, having to
put up 4 more antennas before winter really sets in (it snowed there this week).
We knew that we would not be able to adequately compete without our full
compliment of antennas, but decided to go ahead and test what we already had in
the air this weekend.  Additional antennas and towers will be installed this
coming Spring to complete the station.

This limited effort was operated 100% remote from Georgia. There were no
failures in the remote connection.  The Flex radios performed flawlessly, as did
the new Elecraft amplifiers and new W3JK antennas that are used exclusively by
us. Thanks to my BeLoud.US partner Steve, W9SN and his son-in-law Michael, who
braved the elements to install the antennas and other equipment this week.

It is has been a learning experience for us, operating from the extreme NE vs
the southeast U.S. in learning new beam headings, earlier sunrises and sunsets,
propagation differences, etc.  Propagation this weekend was up and down, but
Sunday was the better day of the two.

73'....Fred, WW4LL
BeLoud.US