[3830] CWOpen N5ZO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, marko.l.myllymaki@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CWOpen N5ZO HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2018 00:18:27 +0000
                    CWops CW Open - 2000Z-2359Z

Call: N5ZO
Operator(s): N5ZO
Station: N5ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   40:  109    35
   20:  221   221
Total:  330   256  Total Score = 84,480

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

For last 2 weeks I have had some RX problem on my right radio which I wasn't
sure if it was problem or just no sunspot conditions.  Somehow loud signals were
still loud and comparable to left radio but noise level was elevated and weaker
signals were in noise.  I found just before this session where problem
originated and was able to bypass it.  What a difference it made.  My 20 m is
back to normal !  (I usually operate 20 m with right radio.  I got chain of
stuff in between RX Ant In/Out connectors to switch in BOG and protect receiver
and something in that chain is partially disconnected and that partially
disconnected antenna has been in use in last 2 weeks in receive.  Now I need to
figure out what happened.  Maybe something went wrong when we had couple local
guys here do M2 in NAQP SSB.  It was much better session than 2 previous ones
and I think I asked only 20 % of repeats compared to those earlier sessions.  20
m especially was hot here now with antenna on RX !
Tnx for QSOs de Mark(o)