[3830] NAQP SSB K9GY Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9gy@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K9GY Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 04:21:28 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: K9GY
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: K9GY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN61fn

   40:  132    37
   20:   15     7
Total:  147    44  Total Score = 6,468

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC W4MYA Memorial Team #6

Comments:

Used "STOSH" in memory of Stan Mikita who passed away recently. A
Chicago Blackhawks NHL legend! RIP Stosh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stan_Mikita

Tough month of August with Bob(W4MYA) and Aretha Franklin also passing away!

Some great memories of "Dude"... several mentioned Bob's other saying
"RUN EM".
You will be missed! Heaven is a better place with you in it for sure! RIP Dude!

It is really great to work all the friends we have in our contesting community!
We're something special!

Pretty neat to work W1SMC since SMC's club call is W9SMC

Spent a ton of time trying to get microHam micro Keyer II working with Writelog
to send audio ".wav" files, ugh! Almost got there but couldn't get
them to output power to IC-7300. It would key but nada on power (Captain Kirk)!
So I was my own voice keyer, yikes!

Had an issue with WriteLog not wanting to save the current log (the one I'm
logging on). Had to do a save as etc. Got up to version 8 of log.... figured
that was a bad omen!

Great night for working TX5T though! 20, 30, and 40m CW... now need 80m Q!

All the best!
Until we do it again... CQ CONTEST!
Eric "STOSH"