[3830] CWopsT N8II LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT N8II LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 02:18:51 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Jul 26

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): .5

Total:  40  Mults = 39  Total Score = 1,560

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Conditions seemed pretty good, activity did not seem overwhelming from here, but
my gawd the number of ops who broke 200 and even 300 Q's, work to do!

I received my membership number right as the 19Z test ended, had to get up a bit
early to take XYL to MD, so just piddled around for a half hour. Thanks to Lar,
K7SV for nominating me (heard him on 20) and noticed Bert, F6HKA sponsored who I
have worked many times on the bands especially at limit of the MUF, fun! There
was no skip zone on 40 to west, there was into PA, evidence of Es. 15 must have
been open as well with high QSO totals.

We visited Caledonia State Park in Franklin Co., PA toady near the MD border. It
is about 50 miles SW of the major floods north of Harrisburg. The multiple
mountain fed streams were ROARING! All were barely within their banks today, but
there was overwash evidence about 50-70 ft. from the shoreline in a fairly low
spot. The streams had 2-3 times as much flow as I had ever seen, very swift
current! Our local Potomac River is realtively docile, not as much rain here.

I hope to be active fairly often in the CWT's.

73, Jeff