[3830] WPX CW N4WW M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N4WW@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW N4WW M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 22:57:27 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: N4WW
Operator(s): K1MM K0LUZ N4KM WF3C
Station: N4WW

Class: M/S HP
QTH: apopka,fl

  160:    0
   20: 1941
   15:  352
   10:    3

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

We picked a bad year to go Multi single as k3lr and k1lz both entered this
category. We could have easily won Multi 2. But maybe more m/2 scores to come on
3830. Propagation was 10 times better than what I thought it was going to be.

20 never closed. At 0400-0500 I was hearing every cw ham in Kazakhstan and deep
middle Siberia. Incredible signals. Sunday night at 0400 after contest  NOT one
signal on cw but did hear the little FT8er's buzzing like a bee hive and one UA4
on ssb. Worked a couple HS stations masquerading as E2's. Also got by8ac and
jt5dx but for some reason didnt hit enter button at right time and that qso
disappeared.

40 was mostly very good all though did not open really well before dark and
after sunrise.

80 was a bust all European signals were weak and 160 was a lost cause.

15 meters big time euro opening Saturday morning and fair signals all day with
LZ9W and 9A1A still 579 at 2200-2300z both days. No Jas on 15 but got a few
vk/zl pfx out of the way on 15.

10 meters didnt have much except sporadic E and YW4D and PP5BI and we stuck with
better prop bands to europe.

Thanks to k1mm,k0luz,n4km,wf3c fun as always.

73 doc n4ww