[3830] WPX CW LA4C(LA8OM) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW LA4C(LA8OM) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 20:48:06 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: LA4C
Operator(s): LA8OM
Station: LA4C

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: JO29OG
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

   20: 1231

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

Installed myself in the LA4C club shack for the weekend. Overall, the bands
seemed to be in better shape than what one could expect during these meagre
condition years, but really it was only 20m and 40m that played well. It was
refreshing to run NA on 20m until 2 am Sunday morning local time.

Had one remarkable experience where my 20m run QRG literally was invaded by a 5
kW player that came out of nowhere and started turbo CQ, not even slightly off
the freq. After a 5 minutes 'fight' I had an idea that eventually silenced him.

Some of the compulsory off time was spent in company with club members and
guests that arrived on Saturday for an early summer gathering. This included
freshly caught shrimps and crabs consumed at the patio. Nice.

Radios: K3, IC-7300
Amps: 2x SPE 1.3K
Ants: TA-33 tribander, 6 el logyagi (20), K1WA array (40), dipole (80), delta
loop (160)

Tnx QSOs!

73
Chris / LA8OM