[3830] WPX CW KC7V(@K8IA) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mike@kc7v.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KC7V(@K8IA) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 15:58:39 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KC7V
Operator(s): K1YR K8IA KC7V N7RQ W9CF
Station: K8IA

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: AZ

  160:    5
   80:  220
   40: 1149
   20: 1964

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

No one can say contesting at the sunspot minimum can't be a blast.  48 hour prop
on 20m - totally unexpected.  Very little qsb/qrn this year helped get very weak
signals in the log.  We even worked some EU and JA on 15m but no sustained runs
other than US stations.  We tried 10m often and worked what we could hear.

As expected 20m & 40m carried the load.  Have to love those 6 point JA qsos
from the west.  Our EU total percentage was up this year vs. 2017 and our AS
percentage was down a little.  Makes it more fun when we have an EU opening. It
was the first time we passed 2,000 qsos on 20m (before dupes).

Lots of great ops out there and there and some cool prefixes to work this year.

Have to thank Sandy N7RQ again for the outstanding food and Kevin's (W9CF) XYL
Linda (N7LR) for the great cookies she sends with Kevin for our M/2 efforts.  Of
course Bob K8IA and Sandy N7RQ are great hosts allowing us to invade their home
for these fun contest times.

Station:
3 el SteppIR @ 78 feet
3 el 40m M2 linear loaded @ 70 feet