[3830] WPX CW VE7XF SO(A)AB TB-Wires HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW VE7XF SO(A)AB TB-Wires HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 02:39:01 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VE7XF
Operator(s): VE7XF
Station: VE7XF

Class: SO(A)AB HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: CN79

  160:    0
   80:    0
   10:    2

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Waaayyy better propagation than the SSB outing. Early morning and late afternoon
20m signals from EU were quite strong and Au flutter free. Heard a bit of Au on
sigs on Friday night.

The goal this time was to work a prefix only once, so 100% S&P. I love
hunting for mults. I worked two prefixes twice by mistake - ZL4 and JL3. Most
stations needed only one call, so I felt loud with my doublet.

Only a few sigs heard on 10m, and 40m only worked for me in the early morning
(sunrise). Many times I'd comb 20m and couldn't find anyone to work, so I'd take
a break and let the band change. Always worked.

I sense that we're pretty close to the bottom of the cycle. Interesting to see
what happens next year. I guess the RAC CAN is next, and then the IARU.
Maybe I'll get the towers up this summer.

Ralph, VE7XF
K3, Acom 1000, 260' doublet, N1MM Classic.