[3830] ARRLDX SSB W5FMH(KM4SII) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, km4siinc@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W5FMH(KM4SII) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 00:15:12 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W5FMH
Operator(s): KM4SII
Station: W5FMH

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 28.5
Remote Operation

   20:  549    86
Total:  549    86  Total Score = 127,710

A big thanks to Pat, KJ5Y for letting me do the contest from his amazing remote
and for helping me out over the weekend. I was supposed to go to W3LPL, but that
didn't work out unfortunately...

Due to me wanting to get some sleep this time around, I chose to do single band
20m. Propagation seemed good this weekend and there were no solar disturbances.
The JAs were very runable as was Europe and South America. The hardest part was
just finding a clear frequency to run on.

Some of the most pleasant surprises were being called by YB1AR, JT1CS, 9J2MM,
and 5Z4/LZ4MM. Nice to get those mults!

It is certainly harder not being able to use the DX Cluster for single band
entries, but it was fun tuning around the "old-fashioned" way :-)

Another note was there were a lot of QRP JA stations. There was also a bunch of
US stations that called me. At first I logged them but since they are not worth
points I decided to just not work them for the contest.

As always, a super fun contest... See you all in the next one!

73 de KM4SII - Mason (15 years old)

 Total Contacts by Continent:

 Continent   Total     %
 ---------   -----   ---