[3830] CQWW SSB KH7M(N6TJ) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N6TJ@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KH7M(N6TJ) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2017 06:19:07 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KH7M
Operator(s): N6TJ
Station: KH7M

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VOLCANO

  160:   80     6        5
   80:  107    13       18
   40:  700    29       52
   20:  671    30       66
   15: 1293    34       68
   10:  301    19       30
------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Virtually a last minute decision to make this trip and my sincere gratitude to
Max and Cathy for letting me show up Friday morning once again, and for the 3
gourmet meals each day.

I never felt that I was really into this contest, and it was a struggle for
many of the hours, but I put in 45 of the 48.  Conditions and activity appeared
down - especially on 10 meters, which didn't open to the mainland until Sunday.

Had a nice run on 160 Sunday morning when K3UL asked me to QSY at his sunrise,
there he was S-9,  and I was able to run dozens as the terminator moved across
the NA continent.

A continuing observation, as noted by others, many appear to transmit better
than they receive.

The usual excellent JA operators and pleased to work so many in China, with no
shortage of Zone 23.

Operated my first of this contest 62 years ago, and it's especially gratifying
to re-connect with so many of my radio friends.

3700 to 3800 was wiped out Sunday morning by somebody's radar.

All in all, glad to make it once again, and hoping to return for code.

73   Jim Neiger  N6TJ