[3830] CQWW SSB C6ARW(N0HJZ) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, richn0hjz@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB C6ARW(N0HJZ) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 13:28:21 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: C6ARW
Operator(s): N0HJZ
Station: C6ARW

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:

  160:   78     5        6
   80:  242    10       19
   40:  631    14       49
   20:  923    22       75
   15:  801    24       76
   10:   32     9       16
------------------------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Set up on Grand Bahama with a rotating dipole for 10-15-20 (at 25 feet), a
vertical for 40-80 and an inverted L for 160 (could only get it up 20 feet).

It was tough to Europe on most bands as the Europeans CQ'd in my face often.
The plight of a low power, small antenna set-up.  Some of the runs in the
afternoon to US/EU were fantastic with hourly rates over 240.

I had to take off 11 hours due to the tropical storm that formed just south of
here.  Lots of lightning and winds over 50 mph early in the morning of Sunday.
I lost the inverted L in the storm and my vertical was bent to 45 degrees.

A fun event and a new (claimed) low-power unassisted Bahamian record.  Thanks
to everyone who called me!  It was fun to hand out the multiplier!