[3830] CQWW SSB K1RX SOAB(A)Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mpridesti@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K1RX SOAB(A)Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 01:45:12 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K1RX
Operator(s): K1RX
Station: K1RX

Class: SOAB(A)Classic HP
QTH: W1

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   23     8       12
   40:   24     7       16
   20:   78    16       39
   15:  918    23      100
   10:   81    11       26
------------------------------
Total: 1124    65      193  Total Score = 831,792

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

>From the new downsized QTH (retirement)at the early stages of the station
build.

Put up an 80 ft. tower, installed a 5 el. 15 M yagi at 90 ft with rotor, then
last minute put up the A3S tribander at 35 ft. pointed south.

Previous to this, did have a single 80 M vertical with only 4 radials, 40 M
dipole at 45 ft, and nothing more.

Early results on 15 are very encouraging.  Had many fantastic runs, knew the
signal was loud which translates to fun.  Was surprised to work as much as I
did on the tribander pointed south (20 and 10 M operation here). KH6, EU, KL7
and of course SA (this simple tribander was fun to use, busting through pileups
like the old days!

The 80 and 40 scores came Saturday AM for about an hour before 15 opened.

Spent most of my time at WX1S having some fun using a very nice station (Thanks
Fred).

Expect to see scores rise as I add more copper and aluminum.  Nothing like the
last QTH (think downsize) with multiple towers, and 16 yagis, etc.

Was very pleased to see very low noise on all the bands while only being a mile
from the downtown city area. Did find a noise source - the laptop I was used
generated some low level noise on some of the bands.

Great hearing old friends again, always a pleasure to say hello at rates that
translate to 90 mph

73, Mark, K1RX