[3830] CWopsT N8XX QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8xx@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] CWopsT N8XX QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2017 23:16:42 +0000
CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Sep 6

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MICHIGAN
Operating Time (hrs): 0:30

Total:  17  Mults = 17  Total Score = 289

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Operated from Fort Custer State Recreation Area near Augusta, Michigan, as part
of Michigan State Parks On The Air (MRA403), and International Parks On the air
(KFF-3310).  Misjudged time to arrive, so didn't get started until 1930Z.  Also,
the computer screen was set waaayyy too low brightness on battery power, even
within the vehicle, so I decided NOT to fiddle with it but used my trusty J-38
hand/foot pump to do S&P on 40 meters, and log by quill and papyrus.  I had
had some misgivings about the Coronal Mass Ejection which the sun had thrown at
us, so was pleasantly surprised with good to GRRR8 propagation.  I managed more
that 1 contact every 2 minutes, with a couple of "runs" of 2 and 3 per
minute.

The management at Fort Custer SRA was very helpful - even delivered the
"souvenir cup coasters" which they had available for the activation.

Thanks to all who pulled out my pipsqueak signal and slow code (about 16 WPM,
by guess.  Didn't try QLF, though I was tempted to give it a try. :)