[3830] IARU N7WA SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU N7WA SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2017 16:12:37 +0000
IARU HF World Championship

Call: N7WA
Operator(s): N7WA
Station: N7WA

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH:

   40:  206     0      15       2
-------------------------------------
Total:  206     0      15       2  Total Score = 12,784

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

I usually come back from Field Day with my fill of radio for a while. Strangely,
I was looking to do some IARU which was a favorite contest in the past - I just
never seem to have time. This year was no exception with lots of yard work but
I needed a "rate" fix. So I made a deal with myself. Get on for a
couple hours in the evening.

Alas, the station was still totally tore down for Field Day. So, I plopped the
K3 down on the desk, hooked up the laptop and Winkeyer, and I was ready to go
in 20 minutes. No SO2R box, no panoramic display, no antenna switch so I was
stuck with 40M. Just a boy, his radio and a computer. Ok, I threw on the
amplifier too :>) but it was already there.

The wife and I watched a movie on Netflix and she headed for bed while I headed
for the radio room just before 10PM local. RATE! RATE! RATE!  I had a blast for
an hour with just over 120 Q's in the first hour. Sure, it was mostly domestic
with a few South American's but it was fun. At 11PM local it was time to follow
my wife to bed but I set the alarm for 2AM.

At 2AM, I started working JA's and some other Pacific. Another hour at a nice
rate for another 80 Q's. Then it tailed off and I was off back to bed. Won't
win any categories with my score but I had some fun. That's the whole idea of
radio. Thanks for Q's everyone.