[3830] All Asian CW K7JQ SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, radiok7jq@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW K7JQ SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 01:45:17 +0000
All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: K7JQ
Operator(s): K7JQ
Station: K7JQ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 1:32

   40:  20     16
   20:   3      3
Total:  23     19  Total Score = 437

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Just got on a bit to test my screwdriver antenna on the backyard steel view
fence (counterpoise) in relation to my noisy attic dipoles. Depending on the
band, noise levels were down 3-5 S-units...I could actually hear stuff now! I
ran about 350W out of the amp to avoid any RFI problems.

Only S&P (all JA's), I worked the normal big signal(and a few medium
signal) runners in the short time I was on 40M (0900-1000Z Sat morning). Lots
of QSB and flutter. The three 20M Q's were just after the start of the contest,
and were barely discernible.

The screwdriver will be back on the hill late September, but should suffice for
Summer operations...Field Day and IARU coming up. Thanks for the (limited) Q's.

73, Bob K7JQ